During the course of the CGS construction, SDP is expected to employ, at the peak, around 700 skilled trade construction workers.
Some early work will begin before the end of 2017. Most of the hiring of trade labour will begin in 2018.
SDP recently negotiated a site collective agreement with representatives of the Iron Workers Union, Local 764, Carpenters Union, Local 579, and Labourers’ Union, Local 1208. The three unions have formed the Council of Construction Trades Inc. to represent construction workers who will work on the project. These unions represent approximately 90% of the expected trade hours required for the project. The Council has arranged to source any additional required skilled trades for the project from the various building and construction trade unions within the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador. For any employment inquiries about working on the project, please contact your provincial trade union representative.
In addition to skilled trades, SDP is also actively recruiting for the following positions for the West White Rose Project, qualified applicants interested are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
SDP00000 | General Employment Application
SDP General Partnership welcomes all applications to the project.
Should you not see a role you’re qualified for, please submit your resume online through this channel. Should your application match a future need we’ll be in contact with you.
SDP00057 | Quality Lead, Civil
SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is looking for a Quality Civil Lead to join the West White Rose Project’s Quality team on the project site in Argentia, NL.
Reporting to the Quality Manager this position is responsible to ensure the implementation of all QC activities for onsite works, including activities performed by subcontractors and suppliers, namely:
Civil Works (formwork, rebar, concrete, concrete repair, post tensioning, etc.)
Key responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
– Ensure ITPs are developed, approved by client and implemented for all Civil Works
– Ensure all QC requirements for Civil works are included in all Construction / Installation Work Packages
– Ensure QC inspection reports / check sheets are documented and reported
– Ensure onsite and offsite coordination of 3rd party Quality surveillance and Inspections services
– Ensure calibration and control of all onsite monitoring and measuring equipment
– Ensure material traceability for all onsite and coming to site materials
– Ensure hydro testing requirements are executed
– Ensure readiness review activities for civil works is implemented
– Ensure “authorization to place concrete” process is fully implemented
– Ensure implementation of QC activities for all rebar, formwork, slipforming works, concrete, concrete repairs and defects, temperature monitoring,
– Assist with implementation of quality orientation and training programs
– Ensure effective implementation and continuous improvement of the QC Management System.
– Assist with implementation of the project internal / external Quality audit program
– Development of the working level documents and forms required to support the QC Management System.
– Ensure compilation of final documentation into turnover packages
– Ensure NCR and CARs are properly documented and closed
– Identify critical quality issues in a proactive manner to facilitate improvements
– Provide quality reporting as required
– University Degree in Engineering, with relevant experience in Civil Quality Control activities
– P. Eng is an asset for the position.
– A minimum of ten (10) years quality control experience
– Experience managing a small team of quality inspectors – with knowledge in scheduling, performance reviews, etc
– Knowledge/experience with the vessel standards and accreditations bodies (DNV, Lloyds, etc)
– Relevant experience on major civil projects (concrete and structure)
– Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
– Excellent communication (verbal and written) and leadership skills as well as the ability to work in a demanding multidisciplinary environment are essential for this position.
– Strong ability to work within a large sub team and independently
– Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Deadline for applications is Friday May 3, 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”.
SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”. SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.