During the course of the CGS construction, SDP is expected to employ, at the peak, around 700 skilled trade construction workers.
Some early work will begin before the end of 2017. Most of the hiring of trade labour will begin in 2018.
SDP recently negotiated a site collective agreement with representatives of the Iron Workers Union, Local 764, Carpenters Union, Local 579, and Labourers’ Union, Local 1208. The three unions have formed the Council of Construction Trades Inc. to represent construction workers who will work on the project. These unions represent approximately 90% of the expected trade hours required for the project. The Council has arranged to source any additional required skilled trades for the project from the various building and construction trade unions within the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador. For any employment inquiries about working on the project, please contact your provincial trade union representative.
In addition to skilled trades, SDP is also actively recruiting for the following positions for the West White Rose Project, qualified applicants interested are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
SDP00000 | General Employment Application
SDP General Partnership welcomes all applications to the project.
Should you not see a role you’re qualified for, please submit your resume online through this channel. Should your application match a future need we’ll be in contact with you.
SDP00060 | Structural Superintendent (MMO)
SNC Lavalin, Dragados, Pennecon (SDP) General Partnership is seeking a Structural Superintendent to join the West White Rose Project team in Newfoundland. Reporting into the Main Mechanical Outfitting (MMO) Construction team, you will provide an integral position directly on site in Argentia, NL to the project.
• Responsible for the analysis and design of Mechanical Outfitting Structural systems including the design of support structures and caisson & pipe supports.
• Focus on and contribute to an HSE mind-set and performance within the SDP construction organization
• Participate in supervision and the overall safety and quality of MMO items within the CGS
• Ensure proper implementation of all procedures and work packs related to MMO operations
• Overseeing field and mechanical operations, general safety, productivity, schedule, quality work, coordination with other superintendents and management;
• Responsible for definition, execution and co-ordination of technical procurement activities of assigned Procurement Packages;
• Coordinate all vendor information necessary as input to the technical disciplines for the design work;
• Plan the daily and weekly activities for each Mechanical crew;
• Initiate, coordinate, direct and evaluate plans, schedules, and site personnel to ensure project objectives and deliverables are met;
• Provide technical engineering for design of Riser & J-tube, piping, and all structural components for the CGS;
• Knowledgeable of internal standards, policies, and procedures for execution of construction operations and identifies areas for improvement, develop solutions and implements changes;
• Ensures field personnel are accountable for assigned tasks/projects. Ensure that sufficient plans and preparation have been made to allow quality work to be completed in a safe and efficient manner;
• Ensure department receives IFC work documents and job cards prior to commencing scheduled work;
• Guarantee technological compliance within the structural department;
• Confirm compliance with the technological sequence of production and plan for structural installation;
• Track products and materials for MMO team through use of internal programs on a consistent and accurate basis;
• Organize and approve job cards from mechanical outfitting installation;
• Manage crews and hold team accountable for project standards
• Technical degree or diploma in an engineering or related field. An equivalent combination of training and work experience may be considered. Prefer a strong background in Mechanical, Piping, and/or Structural works;
• Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in installation and management of mechanical systems;
• Familiar with unionized work environments and project collective agreements;
• Ability to prepare work plans and ensure they are aligned for MMO operations;
• Exceptional analytical, problem solving, planning, and organizing abilities;
• Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude;
• Excellent communication and reporting skills
Please note this is a site based position out of Argentia, NL operating on a 14/7 rotation.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”.
SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.
Companies and contractors hiring for the West White Rose project are required to follow the principles set out in the Atlantic Accord legislation, which requires that “individuals residing in the Province shall be given first consideration for training and employment in the work program”. SDP is equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.